About European Girls Mathematical Olympiad:
EGMO (European Girls Mathematical Olympiad) is an international competition similar in style to the International Mathematical Olympiad, with 2 Exams taken on consecutive days. Participating countries send teams consisting of four female mathematicians of school age.
The European Girls Mathematical Olympiad contest consists of two written tests held on two consecutive days. On each day of the contest, the test consists of three problems & total time duration of the exam are four and half hours.
Each problems carry 7 points.
9th of April to 15th April, 2018.
Participation in European Girls Mathematical Olympiad is by invitation only. Each Invited country send a team of up to four contestants, a leader, and a deputy leader.
- Contestant must be a female candidate.
- A country’s Contestant should be a citizen or resident of that country.
- Contestant who represent the country should be selected through that country’s national Mathematical Olympiad or equivalent selection programme.
- The age of contestant should be less twenty years as on 1st April.
- The contestant must be normally enrolled in full-time primary or secondary education on or after 1st December in the year prior to European Girls Mathematical Olympiad.
- In the case of the homeschooled contestant, must not have received a high-school diploma and must be working toward such a credential on 1st of December.
Benefits, Awards & Scholarships:
- Each Participant & observer receive a Participation Certificate.
- The contestants who score first, second and third ranks, awarded by the prizes.
- The number of first, second and third prizes should approximately in the ration 1:2:3.
50 countries participated in the Olympiad including India.