Mathematical Society of South Eastern Europe (MASEE)
About Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad:
The aim of Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad (JBMO) includes the fostering of friendly relationships among the students and teachers of member countries, create opportunities for the exchange of information on school syllabus and Practice within the member countries. The Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad organised once in a year in the month of June.
The question Paper contains Four Questions or Problems.
The total time allotted to solve the problems is four and half hour. The language of question paper is English.
There are Four Problem In the Question Paper. Each Problem carry Ten Points. Total Points is equal to 40.
- The Participant must belong to Member Countries.
- Only the host country can invite other countries as unofficial participants.
- Only Six student can participate in the Olympiad from a country.
- The Participant must be student in high school.
- The age of participant must be less than 15.5 years.
Level of Exam:
The Exam is held in the month of June every year.
Previous year Question Papers:
JBMO2016 Problems and Solutions
Benefits, Awards and Scholarships:
· Each Participant receive a Participation Certificate.· The contestants who score first, second and third ranks, awarded by the gold, silver and bronze medals respectively.
Official member countries are Albania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Serbia, the former Yugoslavia Republic of Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Greece, Turkey, and Romania.
Guest Participating countries are Indonesia, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, France, Romania B, and Alutus (team from Slatina).